Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

From The Recyle Bin To A Treasure Box - Altered Storage Mixed Media Style!


Happy Sunday everyone! Today for STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday I am sharing this treasure box I created mixed media style using only some pretty napkins and my ARTplorations stencils and a few different pastes.

It was fun and easy and something you can do with the young people in your life - Because doesn't everyone love to have a treasure box?

I salvaged this really cool box with a fold-over lid from the garbage and used Mod Podge to cover the entire box with these pretty napkins.

Once this had dried I used the ARTplorations Floral Flutes stencil with Finnabair's Copper Crackle Texture paste to cover the lid.  Note: the thicker you apply the paste the deeper your cracks will be!

And once this had dried, just for fun, I used the ARTplorations Bloom Silhouettes stencil with Dreamweaver glossy white and matte black embossing paste to create a row of flowers.


And Taaa Daaa... Now I have a box that I can use for a gift and it's already wrapped!  And for those of you that need to know here is everything I used on this project:

So I hope this little project inspires you to go make something using your stencils and if you do why not join in on our Monthly Mixed Media Challenge where it's always Anything Goes (except a card) as long as you use a stencil... Any stencil.  The design team picks the winner and there are prizes!  Go HERE for all the details and to link up.

Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks


As always, Thank you for popping in to see what I am up to today and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing - I read every single one!

 
Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team 
 

(Remember to use discount code STAMPGIRLLYNNE over at the STAMPlorations store to receive 20% off your entire order, even sale items)

 
STAMPlorations Products Used on this Project:

Other products Used on this Project:
Mod Podge - Matte Finish
Stampendous Dreamweaver Glossy White and Matte Black Embossing pastes
Finnabair Texture Paste - Copper Crackle


5 comments:

  1. wow! gorgeous. the texture on that box is awesome :) loved it!
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun project! I'm thinking shoe boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES - now wouldn't those make lovely gift boxes... and NO WRAPPING required!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.