Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Mixed Up Mag - Rubber Dance Stamp post

Hello everyone, I am here today for Mixed Up Magazine to share this wooden panel which I created to showcase  a stamp from Rubber Dance called Blossoming Rose

It was the quote by Anais Nin included with this image that spoke right to my heart and caused me to want to create something truly special to showcase these powerful words...
I began with a wooden panel which I had painted with some tinted crackle paint, a new-to-me product from Deco Art that I am absolutely in love with!!

And then I decided to take a chance and see if I could stamp and heat emboss on wood like I do on paper... (using Versafine black ink and CTMH detail clear embossing powder), and it worked beautifully.

Look how crisp and clear this image stamped and how the clear embossing powder created raised and glossy lines which are now cells I can fill with color. 
For this next step I decided to use my Silks, an acrylic glaze from ColourArte that is both brilliantly coloured and full of metallic shimmer.

I let the color fill the cells and allowed it to pool and blend all on its own.  Another wonderful quality of these Silks is that the colours layer on top of each other, rather than mixing together, and you can see all the different tones and shades through each layer.

And because these are glazes rather than paints, they tint rather than cover over and the crackled wood grain is still visible through the color...
And finally I added a border of my very favourite Golden fluid acrylic gold paint which, for me, not only finishes off the piece but also makes everything richer.

So I do hope you enjoyed my little photo tutorial, and if this inspires you to create something of your own, please do share it with us in the Mixed Up Mag Mixer facebook group.  And now here are all the products I used to create this tribute to Anais Nin's wonderful quote:
Lynne Mizera
 
For the Mixed Up Magazine Blog
My Facebook
My Instagram








1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.