Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Live, Love, Make ART - A Mixed Media Canvas Using SILKS Acrylic Glazes

Happy Stencil Sunday Everyone!  I am here today as a member of the STAMPlorations mixed media design team to share this little canvas I created using a stencil and my SILKS acrylic glazes and I just love how it turned out.
 
I did something a little bit different with my stencil for this project... I had textured using Kroma Crackle gel, (you can use any kind of crackle medium for this step).
 










Once it had dried I taped the stencil to the canvas and using a stiff brush I dabbed the glazes through the stencil right onto the canvas.  Remember when we used to stencil our walls?  Kinda of like that.
 
I masked off each flower before painting the next one.  (just like we do in stamping), and then painted all around the flowers using green and gold Silks, I  just LOVE how it turned out.
 
Next I used a really dark purple india ink and a fine brush to fill in the outlines.
I used ink and a brush because the ink flowed into the crackles and looked great. But although it did the job, I was not loving how strong these lines were sooooo,
I re-outlined the flowers again using my Pebeo Cerne Relief in copper, but still allowing some of the purple ink to show.  This tones down that strong purple and now I LOVE it again.
I added the sentiment using my stamping on tissue paper technique and the STAMPlorations "Make Art" stamp from the Say It Big series, a series of larger sentiments which I am LOVING for my mixed media canvases these days.
And what a nice little canvas this has become.  I love the shimmery, almost metallic effect of the Silk glazes and the rough crackle texture created by the Kroma gel.
 
Well that's it for this month's Stencil Sunday, thank you for joining me and do pop on over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see what my team mates have created for you this month.
And, as always thank you for popping in to see what I am up to these days and please do leave me a comment if you like what you see.  I read every single one... Smile.

Lynne Mizera
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team

 

 
STAMPlorations Products Used:
Stencil - Peony No. 2
preview-makeart
STAMP: Make Art

Other Products Used:
Colour Arte Silks Acrylic Glazes
Kroma Crackle Gel
Windsor and Newton India Ink
Pebeo Cerne Relief
Ranger Archival Ink




2 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Lynne - what an amazing way to use a stencil! Wow! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, absolutely love these colours and your tutorial was fantastic, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.